Are you looking to hire a moving company in Canada? This isn’t always and easy process. Movers often receive a bad rap and find themselves in consumer reports. As representatives from a moving company this is painful to see. There are plenty of quality moving companies out there, but they end up taking heat due to a few rogue movers. Listed below are a few simple tips that you can follow if you are looking to hire a mover.
Some Simple Tips for Booking a Moving Company:
- Contact the Better Business Bureau or visit their website to ensure the mover you have talked to is in good standing.
- Contact the Canadian Association of Movers to ensure membership.
- Is the the company you are dealing with is a member of a national Van Line? If they are, they are accountable to their Van Line.
- Ask about quality assurance processes to ensure the company has plans in place for any issue that may arise.
- Investigate to see if the company has proper moving equipment.
- Ask if the moving company performs criminal background checks.
- Visit the moving company’s facility. Ensure that they have a real office that goes beyond a website.
- Ask questions about low ball estimates. If one price is far lower than that of other quotes, there is probably a reason.
When you are booking a mover is it wise to do plenty of research so you can trust that your possessions are being handled by someone who is credible.